Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Jackson Family


This year, I have been so blessed to have been able to photograph some really amazing families. I really love photographing families. It's a lot of work, but it's so fun to get to know them in such a short period of time, and try to capture who they are as a family. Sometimes the families are sweet, and quiet. Sometimes the families are loud, and energetic. This particular family was so funny, and very sweet. The Jackson family was referred to me by a friend of mine from church. This family has made a special imprint on my heart, because of how much love I saw, especially between all of the siblings. I love how sweet each sibling was with the others, never fighting, always willing to jump in and help out, and so encouraging of one another, especially when we were doing the individual shots.

Here are just a few of my favorites:

They saw this idea from another family I had done earlier in the year, and wanted it for their own gallery. I love these photos, so much. They are some of my favorites to do with families.


Big brother just couldn't wait to jump in a photo with his little brother. I love their sweet friendship!

It's hard making 3 with new little fingers!

Mom initially contacted me to do newborn photos of their newest addition to the family. Unfortunately, timing wasn't working out. Instead, we booked a family session, and decided to do a few in the middle of it, if it worked out. Thankfully, it did!! I loved doing these photos because as I was quietly laying the baby down, and getting her comfortable, the whole family was crowded around me whispering about how sweet she looks, and how cute she is. It was a sweet moment that I loved so so much.

I love the colors of this photo

Of course I did a black and white one. HAHA!

It's no small task getting all 6 kids to look in one direction. This was a fun, easy way to get everyone to have some fun. Unfortunately, one of the boys was falling asleep towards the end of it. HAHA!


I love when I can capture sweet, unexpected moments
As I recall from our conversations, this family has never had family photos done before this. I loved working with this family, and am excited that I was the first one!! HA! There were so many fun moments during this session. It was wonderful meeting the Jackson family. They were truly a joy to work with, and it was my pleasure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm your son and it's cool to see this time box of a blog, by the way, dont call me fatty. lol